Wednesday 9 April 2014

CNOS 3-Challenge 3 ( Local Heroes presented by YONO Flashpay )

  


If you have not read my previous post, i actually took part in a charity event as part of Cineleisure's Next Online Sensation 3 Challenge. You can read my post here .



I teamed up with Natalie Ong and Damien Wong for this event and we are called...






I feel that this was a very meaningful event. It forces us to actually think of ways to market our products in the most effective way. I was actually pretty stressed out before the event as things did not go the way as it was planned. 

1. my friends pangseh me and we became super shorthanded
2. Our extension cords were too short that we have to rush to buy more.
3. I forgot to bring a lot of stuff!

Eventually, we sorted things out before the sales begin and got to work! Honestly, i wasn't expecting to get such little sales ): I guess i was expecting too much! I was panicking and feeling nervous when we have not made any sales during the first half hour. However i am glad that we managed to at least make around 10++ sales which was already an achievement to me.  



As you can see, our best selling item were the moustache earrings. However, that's because there was a man who bought moustache rings of every colour. Not because he wants to wear it but it's because he wants to do a donation! What a kind man! And for the fact that the rings were kindly given by Damien !

Hence i feel that the item that was our best sale(using our marketing strategy) were EARRINGS. We purchased them at $0.90/pair. As we chose those classic earrings that looks quite expensive, we sold them at $5. People found the price very reasonable! I am glad that we made the right decision in buying those earrings and setting it at that price.










Reasons why i love Yono Flashpay card:
1. it looks pretty
2. you don't have to sign, don't have to type in your 6-pin code. all you gotta do is TAP and DONE
3. Most shops allow Flash Pay
4. It makes shopping so much easier!
5. can use as an MRT card!





The ending ceremony ( the announcement of the top 3 winners)


the 2nd runner up! ' TEA'!!

1st runner up! 'Paws for Hope' !


and here are the winners! 'WONDERWOW' !

altogether we have raise $1832, so proud of ourselves!




I personally made a trip down to SPCA to visit the animals too.
Did you know SPCA is not run by the government? They rely mostly on donations and sponsors. They are located at a remote place near Bartley Station. 

Most animals there were either
1. stray and injured
2. abandoned
3. being abused
4. unwanted by their previous owners...

But thankfully SPCA nurse them back to health.


the money donated during the event will be used to provide the animals with a better quality food and place to live in.












these two cats stretched out their paws slowly and softly when they saw me walking over.
My eyes turned watery :'( they really want a home.



To all animals in SPCA : hope you find a home soon.. <3


don't look too long at my cui face please thank you hahaha i was emotional before i took this pic!

(with the staff who gave me many information)



I really appreciate CNOS Management, Nets Flashpay, SPCA, Cathay Cineleisure Orchard for giving me the chance to be part of this event. 

I would also like to thank my awesome teammates Natalie and Damien. Although Natalie was in Korea during the event, she helped us advertise a lot!

It was a memorable experience.



Setting up the "backdrop stand" before the start of sales!





Us buying stuff to sell! BEADSTREET is the place we bought the most stuff!




Can you believe all these cost only 90cents/pair ?





Our booth !!








OMG can't believe i met her. Hope that one day i will be as successful as her! The owner of Hollyhoque. Check out her blog at http://www.sheilamandy.com ! ( this shot deserves 3 pictures to be posted hehee )

me and damien testing out the Photo Booth!!

Ringlight Photo Booth images


with my buddy


Thank you everyone for reading this! <3