Sunday 11 January 2015

Places to go in Malacca

I have never been to Malacca before so I was pretty excited as I heard a lot about the awesome food and scenery there!

Here's a little short v-log as usual!





Here are some of the places that I would recommend you visiting in Malacca!



RESTORAN NYONYA SUAN
Taman Merdeka, Jalan Merdeka
75000 Melaka
Malaysia
+60 6-286 4252

I love Peranakan food! The bean curd and the chicken there is a must try! I do recommend this place if you want good nyonya food!










BABA CHARLIE
72, Jalan Tengkera Pantai 2c
75200 Melaka
019-666 2907

Baba Charlie is a company that sells traditional nyonya cakes. They supply to major hotels, restaurants etc. We search high and low to look for their company and it turns out to be in their home!  It is very affordable ( less than a dollar). Do note that they close at 5pm!











NADEJE CAFE
G8, Jalan Merdeka
75000 Melaka
Malaysia

This cafe is located in Mahkota Parade, a 15 minutes walk from Jonker Street. They sell really good and affordable mille crepes! ( $4 per slice ) It's soooooo good. 

Some of the flavours:
Green tea
Rum & Raisin
Mango Yogurt
Royal Milk Tea
Tiramisu 
etc.

I would highly recommend the Original one as it is really very good! Besides mille crepes, they sell main courses such as pizza, pasta etc and they are really CHEAP!











McQUEK's SATAY STEAMBOAT
Jalan Parameswara
75000 Melaka, Malaysia
+60 12-606 2993
5pm-12.30am

I love satays, I love steamboat, so I definitely love this place as they combine both of them, together! Omg. The "steamboat soup" is actually the satay gravy. Basically, you get to pick the type of meat, vege you want and they charge per satay stick ( colour coded ). I spent SGD 8 when i actually ate like 28 sticks! So it is pretty affordable! I would highly recommend you trying it as you don't get to experience this anywhere else!

Note: You guys have to take a lot of 油条( you tiao ) as it complements the gravy so well!








Jonker Street
Jalan Hang Jebat
75200 Melaka
Malaysia

This is a place you have to go if you are in Malacca! Basically it is a long street selling souvenirs, foods and many more! 










CHRIST CHURCH
Bandar Hilir
75000 Melaka
Malaysia

It is an 18th-century Anglican Church. It is a wonderful place to take many pictures! Perfect place for ootd! 






So that's it for my post! Thank you for reading and do visit Malacca if you can!